Monday, May 21, 2007

Smoothies

YUM! We make these almost every morning at our house. If not for a breakfast drink, then for a mid-afternoon pick-me up. So yummy and so good for you.

Strawberry Pineapple Banana Smoothie

5-6 strawberries
1 banana, peeled
1/2 cup fresh or canned pineapple chunks
1 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt (I love Horizon or Dannon)
6 ice cubes

Add all ingredients to blender and blend until smooth. YUMMY! Makes about 2-3 cups.
If we have extra I'll pour it into popsicle molds and freeze for a cool treat later.

Orange Pineapple Smoothie

1/2 cup orange juice
1/2 cup fresh or canned pineapple chunks
1 cup lowfat vanilla yogurt
6 ice cubes

Blend together.

Sometimes I experiment with whatever fruit I have on hand. Blueberries and raspberries are yummy. Bananas go well with almost anything too. I always keep canned pineapple in my pantry and yogurt in my fridge so we can have 'em whenever the mood strikes. Enjoy!

No comments: