Saturday, January 17, 2009

Easy Chicken Spaghetti

There are SO many variations of this recipe. I know because I've tried many of them over the years. This is the one that I rediscovered last year and it is the ONLY one that my children will eat. 

Easy Chicken Spaghetti

2-3 chicken breasts, cooked and shredded
1 small onion, diced (optional)
10 oz uncooked spaghetti (I like thin spaghetti)
1 can Rotel tomatoes 
1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 can cheddar cheese soup
grated cheddar cheese

Cook spaghetti noodles according to package directions. In large bowl mix soups, onion, Rotel, cooked chicken, and spaghetti noodles. Mix well. Pour into 9x13 casserole dish. Top with grated cheese. Bake covered at 350 for 30 minutes or until heated through. 

I serve with salad/green beans/french bread.  

*I only use 1/2 a can of Rotel (mild) because my kids freak out about tomatoes. Freeze the rest of the can for next time. 
*I also skimp on the chicken sometimes. Casseroles are great for  stretching small quantities of meat.
*This isn't a healthy dish, but that's okay. It's comfort food.

No comments: