Monday, January 12, 2009

Susan's Breakfast Casserole

I got this from my my friend's blog. It's tasty!!! My kids balk at so many of the things I make for dinner (they still have to eat it) but this casserole gets no complaints. Thanks, Susan.

Susan’s Breakfast Casserole

1 stick of butter
1 pkg. Simply Potatoes Shredded Hashed Browns
1 lb. breakfast sausage, cooked and crumbled
2 cups shredded cheese (cheddar, mexican mix, pizza blend - your call)
8 eggs
1 c. milk
salt/pepper

Preheat oven to 450 degrees.

Pour 1 stick of melted butter into a 9×13 pan and line the pan with the potatoes. Sprinkle the top of the potatoes with salt and pepper. Bake this layer for 20 minutes.

Remove pan from oven and lower heat to 350 degrees.

Sprinkle cooked sausage on top of potatoes, then top with cheese. Beat together eggs and milk (season with salt and pepper) and pour over top. Pop back in the oven for 30 minutes.

Remove, and let sit for 5 minutes before slicing.

No comments: