Friday, January 2, 2009

Rosie's Shepherds Pie

My aunt made this for me while in St. Louis last month.  I'm normally not a big fan of shepherd's pie, but this was really good.  I made it for my family once I was home and they loved it.  We'll be making it again too!  Such comfort food.

Rosie's Shepherds Pie

2 lbs lean ground beef
1 cup onion, chopped
1 cup celery, chopped
1 bag frozen mixed vegetables, cooked
1 can petite diced tomatoes
1-2 cans cream of mushroom soup
mashed potatoes
1 can French's fried onions

Brown ground beef with celery and onion.  Drain any fat.  Add tomatoes (don't drain) and cooked veggies.  Stir in one can of soup.  Add another can if needed.  Pour into deep casserole dish, and top with mashed potatoes and French's onions.  Cover and bake at 350 until heated through.  A hot pan of cornbread goes great with this!

*I bought a bag of Ore-Ida Steam N Mash potatoes to put on top.  SOOOOO easy.  

No comments: