Tuesday, July 17, 2007

Simple Apple Bake

Sometimes in the evenings when I want something sweet, but don't want to bake something (cause I'll end up eating all of it) I make this sweet snack. I feel like its sorta healthy too because of the apple and the oats.

Simple Apple Bake

1 apple, fuji is my fave!
1-2 Tbsp butter
1-2 Tbsp brown sugar
1/2 cup oats
cinnamon
walnuts (optional)

Cut the apple into wedges, and then into smaller pieces. In oven proof dish, add apples, butter, brown sugar, and oats. Sprinkle with cinnamon and walnuts. Bake at 400 for 20-30 minutes. Stir well, and enjoy. It's good with ice cream on top too!

You can also microwave this, which is much faster, and is how I make it in the summer when I don't want to turn the oven on! I like the way it smells though when it's baking in the oven. Heavenly

No comments: